Sullivans Cove French Oak Cask HH525 was voted the World’s Best Single Malt Whisky at the 2014 World Whisky Awards – the first time a whisky from somewhere other than Scotland or Japan has been awarded this honour.
This single cask expression varies from 12 to 14 years in age and is a big, fat, chewy whisky full of rich toffee and molasses notes. You could almost be forgiven for mistaking it for Demerara rum on first taste!
Nose: Full rich dark chocolate with cinnamon, orange peel, hazelnut and licorice mint.
Palate: Rich and sweet front palate with flavours of chocolate, pepper, toffee and fruit cake.
Finish: Long lingering finish of dried dark fruit and dark chocolate.
- Best Australian Single Malt World Whiskies Awards 2015
- Best Australian Single Malt 12 Years and Under World Whiskies Awards 2015
- The World’s Best Single Malt Whisky World Whiskies Awards 2014
- Best Australian Single Malt World Whiskies Awards 2014
- Australasian Single Malt Whisky of the Year Wizards of Whisky 2014
- Australasian Whisky of the Year Wizards of Whisky 2014
- Best Australian Single Malt under 12 years World Whiskies Awards 2013
- Southern Hemisphere Whisky of the Year Cask HH0509 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2013
- Liquid Gold Award 96.5/100 Cask HH0509 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2013
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2012
- Gold Medal Wizards of Whisky 2012
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2011
They only created about a very limited bottling of this stuff! It was so popular it has became incredibly scarce very quickly.