Before the French Oak came into its own, Sullivans Cove American Oak was the Australian champion whisky. Twice named the Best Whisky in the Rest of the World and the first Australian whisky to achieve Liquid Gold status in Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible, it is fitting that the only whisky to surpass it would be from the same stable. Single cask, non-chill filtered and matured in American oak ex-Bourbon barrels.
Nose: Malt, spice, subtle nutty characters and light cream.
Palate: Rounded, full, creamy. Initially lots of sweet barley and fruit at front of palate, vanilla comes through and citrus notes in the middle palate.
Finish: Honeyed, long, even finish with great balance.
- Liquid Gold Award 95.5/100 Cask HH0047 Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2015
- Best Australian Single Malt 13 to 20 Years World Whiskies Awards 2015
- Double Gold San Francisco World Spirits Competition 2014
- Gold Medal World Whisky Masters 2011
- Best Rest of the World 12 years and Under World Whiskies Awards 2011
- Liquid Gold Award 94.5/100 Cask HH0270 Jim Murray Liquid Gold 2010
- Liquid Gold Award 95/100 Cask HH0274 Jim Murray Liquid Gold 2007
- Best “Other” Malt (Malt whiskies outside Scotland) World Whiskies Awards 2007