Eagle Rare Bourbon Whiskey is masterfully crafted and carefully aged for no less than ten years. Every barrel is discriminately selected to offer consistent flavor but with a seemingly individual personality. Eagle Rare is a bourbon that lives up to its name with its lofty, distinctive taste experience.
- Gold Medal at the 2014 Los Angeles International Wine & Spirits Competition
- Inaugral Bourbon Trophy winner at the UK International Wine & Spirits Competition
- “Exceptional” 94 poits – 2015 BTI International Review of Spirits
- Rated 93 by The Whisky Bible
- Gold Medal – 2015 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
On nosing the whisky is very sweet with notes of fudge and toffee jumping out of the glass straight of the bat. This is followed by notes of dry wood and cinnamon through the middle of the aroma. The nose is finished off by hints of cumin, sweet malt and banana.
On tasting there are again sweet notes of toffee, fudge and almond but this is balanced out hits of alcohol. Through the middle the softer spice notes become more prominent with hits of cinnamon and cardamom flooding the middle of the taste. The taste finishes with notes of wood, pine and a bitter almost herbal note.
The finish is long with a lingering sweetness and a soft alcoholic note.
Truly complex and fantastically well balanced this is an American whiskey worth looking out for!